Echo Dot 3rd Generation Set Up And Installation
The compact Echo Dot product from Amazon has come up with its 3rd generation version that has an amazing build-in LED clock. There’s an incredible number of activities you can do with Amazon's connected speakers, including stream music via Bluetooth, dual-band Wi-Fi, Weather, News, Videos, and a lot more just in a single device. Amazon's Alexa service is considered and aimed to be something you can totally rely on for just about each and every aspect of the connected home. So, whether you have buy it for yourself or for someone else, follow this step-by-step approach to setting up a new Amazon Echo smart speaker.
When you buy a new 3rd Generation Echo Dot smart speaker, you will receive a box under which your device and manual guide is available. By reading the manual you get the detailed steps on how to setup and install amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation device.
Highlights of Echo Dot 3rd Generation Smart Speaker
- Dual-band Wi-Fi options
- Wireless music that streams via Bluetooth
- The Alexa App is compatible with Android, Fire OS, and iOS devices
- Just ask for weather updates, music, news videos, and more
How to Set Up Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation Device?
The complete steps is dispersed into the five stages. Have a look on them.
Stage 1: Getting To Know Your Echo Dot
To start up your Echo Dot product, of course, you will need to understand your product first. When you opened the box, you will get a power adapter, connecting cables, and 3.5 mm audio jack. More than this you will need a phone or tablet to pursue the Alexa app installation steps.
Stage 2: Download the Alexa App
If this is your first Echo device, the important thing that you need to do at first is download the Alexa app on your smart device. You can easily find the Alexa app in both Apple store and Google play store, as well as many other locations. Once you downloaded the app, start the installation process by using your Amazon account login details. Find out the steps to download and install Alexa app.
Note: If you already have the Amazon Alexa app on your smart device, make sure it is fully updated before you begin the setup process.
Stage 3: Plug in Your Echo Dot
Once you have completed both the above-mentioned steps, it’s time to use the cord that came up with your Dot device and plug it in. To do so, take the Echo dot speaker and turn it over to find the power jack, afterwards take the Echo’s power adapter and plug it into the power jack of the Echo dot speaker. When powered up, your Dot’s speaker ring should glow blue in color. After this, you might notice that the Dot shows up as a device ready to be paired in Wi-Fi settings.
Stage 4: Connecting Your 3rd Generation Echo Speaker with the Alexa app
Now, open the Alexa app and follow the on-screen guidelines to set up your device. Check out the steps to complete the set up.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and complete the Sign in steps to your Amazon account.
- nce you are successfully logged in, choose the horizontal bars located at the top-left corner of the screen and pull up the menu
- Now, click Add Device and then selectAmazon Echofrom the available list.
- After this, choose the Echo device that you want to setting up and select the Generation of the Echo Dot device.
- Tap the toggle Bluetooth to allow your smartphone to find the Echo device.
- Now, select the device from the list and choose the Wi-Fi network that will be used by the Echo device.
- Choose Continue, one your Echo product is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the option, which says, select the room, where your Echo device is located and tap the Next button to complete setting up your device.
Note: In case, you are connecting your Echo to an external speaker, you will need to select the output, otherwise just tap on “Use Echo Built-in Speaker”.
Stage 5: Giving Echo Complete Access to Your Accounts
Now, that your Echo is connected to your home Wi-Fi network, you will need to give it the access to perform some tasks. To do so, follow the on-screen prompts:
- In the Alexa app, click the horizontal bars located at the top to pull up the menu
- Now, Go to Settings and explore Alexa Preferences section.
- Once you reach at the section, select the Music button to add your music accounts.
- In the next step, choose the music service that you want to associate with your Echo device.
- After this, select Flash Briefing to add your news sources.
- At last, scroll down to the Calendar if you want to link your Google calendar to your Echo device.
As you follow these steps, you will surely be able to setup and install Echo Dot 3rd Generation.But if you are still unable to setup the Echo Dot 3rd Generation then dial our Alexa toll-free support number or visit our website Allbizsetup for Instant help!